Hessarghatta lies about 30KM from Bangalore City and it is probably the last surviving grasslands in Bangalore and a perfect destination for a weekend road trip with friends .
The vast grasslands provide hunting grounds for birds of prey and with a nice tele-lens you can get some awesome bird photos .If you love photography , you can spend an entire day taking pictures of the landscape, sunset at the lake , birds etc.
Our Native Village is a small eco resort in Hessarghatta and we ended up going there for lunch and to take shelter from the hot summer sun .The food was nice and they have a decent wine bar .The resort has a very rustic ambiance and it beautifully done up .The service was excellent and I highly recommend the place to anyone visiting Hessarghatta . The Taj Kuteeram was a big disappointment ! they had a very disgusting looking expensive buffet and very very rude staff !!!
I went to Hessarghatta with a group of 6 friends and we had a blast , driving around the grasslands , taking pictures of the landscape , chilling out in Our Native village and the nice drive back .It was a perfect weekend !
Things to do in Hessarghatta
- Pack a picnic lunch
- Spend time at the lake
- Capture birds of prey in action
- Take landscape photos
- Visit nrityagram (Closed on Mondays )
- Chill out in Our Native Village resort
Things not to do
- Please dont litter , its really sad to see the beautiful landscape littred with beer bottles , plastic waste etc
- DONT visit Taj Kuteeram , the place sucks .Bad service , bad food , rude staff , expensive
• Left at 10:30 am from Whitefield and we reached by 12
• Drove around the grass lands
• Went to Taj Kuteeram for lunch as it was really hot , the place sucked so we walked out
• Went to Our Native Village , had lunch and chilled there till about 4
• Explored the grasslands
• Started our journey back at 6